I am an editor, curator, and writer in Toronto.
My recent projects include:
- curating Art’s Biggest Stage: Collecting the Venice Biennale, 2007–2019 for the Clark Art Institute and authoring the accompanying catalogue
- serving on the jury of the 2019 Scotiabank Photography Prize
- co-curating an exhibition for Galerie Antoine Ertaskiran with my wife, artist Julia Dault
- contributing the introduction to Moyra Davey (Steidl, 2019) and an essay to Andreas Gursky (Steidl/Hayward Gallery, 2018)
- consulting and editing for the Felix Gonzalez-Torres Foundation and Frontier, a Toronto design office
- editing books, magazines, and online projects for the Moderna Museet, the Glenstone Museum, Osmos, Objektiv, -SITE, Piotr Uklański, and others
Prior to working independently, I was executive director of Gallery TPW in Toronto and, before that, curator of photography at the Cincinnati Art Museum. Earlier in my career I worked as an editor at Aperture Foundation and at Artforum.
I am accepting new projects and would be pleased to hear from you. E-mail brian@.